Our client is a large, established organisation looking for a talented full stack Web Developer to join them, based in their Glasgow offices.
This is an essential role to the organisation; you will have excellent communication skills to liaise with stakeholders at all levels on a project by project basis.
Reporting directly to the Development Team Leader, you will have several years of a commercial development background and be project driven.
The main duties of this role:
To provide expert and professional software development services to the Group by helping define, build and maintain in-house web applications in line with business needs by utilising up to date web technologies and the cloud.
PRINCIPAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist project managers, team leaders, system designers and developers in the implementation of system features and epics that conform to relevant detailed designs and business requirements
- Continuous user support and bug fixes for web applications
- Contribute to project planning sessions
- Collaborate with peers to write, review, or provide feedback on code reviews
- Showcase continuous development and research on modern web technologies
- Provide professional, timely and effective IT software development services including technical advice on complex matters relating to application lifecycle management, software re-use and SaaS (software as a service)
- Collaborate effectively with development teams to ensure adequate and appropriate software application re-use within the business
You will be degree qualified in an IT-related subject, with the following in your skill-set:
- Experience of best practice web design, development and operations
- Microsoft .NET development stack (MVC, C#, Entity Framework)
- Experience in Service-Side languages
- RESTful Services and APIs
- MS SQL Server
- HTML, CSS (SASS or LESS)
This is an important appointment for this large organisation, based in Glasgow. This Web Developer role comes with a package to £50k plus excellent benefits and free on-site parking.