Our client is a large, established business looking for a talented full stack Senior Web Developer to join them, based in their Glasgow offices. This is an industry-leading organisation, with lots of career-development potential on offer.
This is an essential role to the organisation; you will have excellent communication skills to liaise with stakeholders at all levels on a project by project basis.
Reporting directly to the Development Team Leader, you will have several years of a commercial development background and be project driven.
The client is looking for someone who is at, or heading to, Senior level, who is happy to mentor more junior colleagues.
The main duties of this role:
To provide expert and professional software development services to the Group by helping define, build and maintain in-house web applications in line with business needs by utilising up to date web technologies and the cloud.
PRINCIPAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist project managers, team leaders, system designers and developers in the implementation of system features and epics that conform to relevant detailed designs and business requirements
- Continuous user support and bug fixes for web applications
- Contribute to project planning sessions
- Collaborate with peers to write, review, or provide feedback on code reviews
- Showcase continuous development and research on modern web technologies
- Provide professional, timely and effective IT software development services including technical advice on complex matters relating to application lifecycle management, software re-use and SaaS (software as a service)
- Collaborate effectively with development teams to ensure adequate and appropriate software application re-use within the business
You will be degree qualified in an IT-related subject, with the following in your skill-set:
- Experience of best practice web design, development and operations
- Microsoft .NET development stack (MVC, C#, Entity Framework)
- Experience in Service-Side languages
- RESTful Services and APIs
- MS SQL Server
- HTML, CSS (SASS or LESS)
This is an important appointment for this large organisation, based in Glasgow. This Web Developer role comes with a package from £50,000- £55,000 plus excellent benefits and free on-site parking.