We are working with a Scottish Engineering Consultancy who are keen to make additions to the team following an organisational restructure.
The current opening is for a Senior Structural Engineer, to be based in the company's Glasgow office. The company specialise in Civil & Structural Engineering and are well known in the Scottish Engineering sector. Their client list is established and strong. Anyone brought in would be fully supported in order to aid them in their career progression.
This is a permanent position, salary is flexible depending on the level of experience of the individual applying.
Role Duties & Responsibilities:
- Designing and coordinating projects involving Timber, Piling, Steel and Masonry structures
- Prepare and carry out design checks on all structural elements to ensure a safe, robust build for the client
- Manage design budgets and coordination of work
- Supervise and support junior staff/ engineers
- Daily communication with clients on the phone or face to face
- Attend site meetings as requires, to liaise with site staff and check on progress/ quality of work
- 8+ years post graduate experience in a design role
- Strong Structural Engineering experience, with relevant portfolio of projects
- Ability to communicate will with clients, building strong relationships
- Civil or Structural Engineering Degree
- Experience in Buildings such as Residential & Commercial
- Ability to look after multiple projects/ schemes at one time
- Experience of managing Engineers or looking after a team
If you are interested in being considered for this role please get in touch today.