We are working alongside a growing Engineering Consultancy, with over 25 years industry experience. The business have taken a view to grow the Rail side of their operations and as such a new opportunity have come available.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Civil Engineer to join the team in the Glasgow area. The office is based in East Kilbride, however we are open to allowing the relevant individual to work remotely for 2-3 days per week, agreed on an individual basis. It is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to join a flexible, growing organisation, and play a vital part of a new team with big ambitions.
You will provide Design & Technical support on a variety of Rail projects, throughout Scotland. You will report directly to the Head of Rail to form part of a new, small team. You would be expected to work closely with clients, providing technical expertise to deliver projects in a timely manner and to a high standard, ensuring accurate design drawings and calculations in line with industry standards.
- Civil or Structural Engineering degree
- Ideally Chartered or working towards Chartership
- Experience predominantly in civils/ heavy civils project including Earthworks/ Geotech, Drainage, Rail
- Strong background in Design work
- Applied knowledge of statutory approval
- Up to date CPD Record
- Experience of working within a BIM environment, as well as an understanding of Autocad and Civils 3d
- Applied knowledge of Civil Engineering standards and practices
- Excellent communication skills with ability to represent the company in client meetings
- Flexibility/ willingness to visit sites, on occasion in remote locations and at night
- Full UK Driving License
Please apply today to be considered or find out more.