Our client is a dynamic software house, supported by a larger facilities management organization, they are looking for a talented Junior SQL Database Administrator to join their Glasgow based operation. You will help to build our client’s current and next generation digital products on Cloud platforms.
You will be expected to assist with the following duties:
• assist in requirements gathering
• document and report application specifics
• design and optimise databases to applications’ specifications
• customise the database in line with changing business needs
• performance monitoring and improvement
• error diagnosis and resolution
• backup and recovery
• follow standard guidelines
• deliver quality work
• you will have solid communication skills and be able to work closely with other members of the development team
ESSENTIAL BACKGROUND REQUIRED
• SQL (Strong Transact SQL)
• SQL Server Enterprise 2014+
• SQL Server optimisation
• A background in using profiler to optimise SQL queries and processes
• Working with Multi-tenant SaaS application architecture
Knowledge of the following would be preferential but not essential:
• SQL Pivot Tables
• .NET Framework, C#
You will be educated to degree level in Computer Science or a related field and have a history of at least 2 years working in a commercial environment.
Our client is an established software business, with the backing of a larger group business. They are in an important period of growth and are looking for ambitious individuals to join their organisation. If this Junior SQL Database Administrator role is relevant to you, please send your CV today, RECRUITING NOW.
This client is looking for looking for a candidate on a permanent basis. Salary will be dependent on the person, ranging between £30,000 to £40,000 this Glasgow City Centre based role.