Our client is looking for a successful IT Operational Specialist to head up the Infrastructure Division of their Glasgow operation.
- You will currently be a Head of IT Operations with a talent for headlining a department, building relationships business-wide and having all infrastructure functions route through you.
- You will provide expert and professional infrastructure and IT operational services to the Group including the definition of cost-effective future state infrastructure architectures, timely and fit-for-purpose infrastructure design and development, technical policies to ensure compliance with legislation, company policies and best practice.
- As a natural leader, you will be involved in the Development of technical standards and quality assurance processes across relevant delivery units (including 3rd party suppliers). Delivery of IT operations to agreed service levels including overall management of the IT Service Desk. Support fellow departments or group businesses with strategic IT infrastructure advice and guidance as necessary.
- Departments including Server and Network Administration, as well as DBA and Service Desk Team will report to you.
Successful candidates will have the following background and knowledge:
- Degree level qualification or equivalent experience in an IT related subject
- An understanding of enterprise architecture & licensing models
- Experience of best practice infrastructure and operations
- Experience of IT security policies and standards
- Experience of managing IT service desks
- Experience of commercial service desk SLA & budget management
- Team/Line management
- Minimum 10 years in an IT operations or similar role
- Infrastructure architecture definition
- Infrastructure design and implementation
- Technical assurance of 3rd parties
- Business sense
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This is an excellent time to be joining this International organisation, based in Glasgow. They are making strategic partnerships on a Global scale and would welcome applications from candidates looking to set themselves a new challenge.
This Head of IT Operations role, based in Glasgow, comes with a very competitive salary for the right individual. If you would like to learn more or apply, please send your CV today.