We have a very exciting position we are looking after on behalf of our client in Paisley. The role is Head of Commercial, with a forwarding thinking, growing Contractor who specialise in M&E and Facilities Management.
The role is very unique, it allows the chosen individual to grow the Commercial department themselves, implementing their own ideas whilst collaborating with the MD, Operations Director and Director of Finance, and growing their own team. Currently the company utilises the other Senior management team members to cover the Commercial aspects of the business, however this role would task the chosen person to fully Commercialise the business.
We require a driven individual, confident in their ability and knowledge bringing along expertise of leading and developing whilst also being able to carry out the Surveying & Estimating duties in the initial periods. This role is truly a great opportunity for someone looking to move into a Division lead role, giving them the opportunity to do so using their own ideas on how this team should move forward. The company cover project primarily within M&E, FM, and Fire & Security covering Retail, Industrial and Domestic works, both in public and private sector. The company are not limited to these areas and also cover others, with the aim of diversifying further as the business grows.
- You would be tasked with the commercialisation of the business, building your own team and department in the process, with support
- Initially you would also be carrying out all Surveying and Estimating duties on a multitude of projects
- You would be looking after Tender processes and Pricing, with the expectation that you would implement your own ideas and processes for these areas
- You would also help in growing the supply chain, with the preference of someone who can come in already well connected in this are
What we are looking for:
- Strong Quantity Surveying Experience, Degree would be beneficial but not essential
- Driven individual, commercially minded with the ambition to grow your own team and progress to Director level
- Ability to Survey & Estimate and happy to do this type of work as well as the commercial management
- Ideally Management experience
- Excellent communication skills, ability to build strong relationships with clients
- Mixed project experience, must have primarily M&E/ FM but also some experience in general construction
- Someone who is well referenced, good track record of successful projects, tenders, and work
40 Hours per week, 28 days Holiday, Pension Scheme, Potential Bonus/ Commission for New Business
Salary Circa £45,000 + Negotiable
The interview process will begin in the coming weeks, Please apply today to be considered