Our client is a dynamic software house, supported by a larger facilities management organization, they are looking for a talented Front-End Developer to join their Glasgow based operation, within their agile development team. You will help to build our client’s current and next generation digital products on Cloud platforms.
You will be expected to undertake such duties as:
- assist in requirements gathering
- document and report application specifics
- design and build applications to specifications
- customise applications in line with changing business needs
- debug applications
- evaluating system performance and optimise existing applications
- execute bug and performance testing
- follow standard guidelines
- deliver quality work
- work closely with other front-end and backend developers, mobile developers, and designers
- comply with the latest web standards and embrace modern development techniques for desktop and mobile
ESSENTIAL BACKGROUND REQUIRED
- HTML5 and CSS3
- JSON and XML
- Working with APIs
- Creating cross-browser, cross-platform compatible code
- Crafting responsive layouts
- Google Material Design
- Unit testing and UI testing
Knowledge of the following would be preferential but not essential:
- General browser and mobile landscape, trends, and emerging technologies
- Open layers or other map platform
- .NET Framework, C#, SQL Server
- Photoshop and Illustrator
- Creating digital assets including icons for web and mobile
- Google and Microsoft Office APIs
You will be degree qualified in Computer Science or related field and have a minimum of 3+ years working within a commercial environment.
You must have a passion for elegant and well-organised code, good project management skills and be able to self-manage, be an innovative thinker and have good problem solving skills, be methodical and a good communicator, perform well under work demands, and be consistently proactive.
If this Front-End Developer role, based in Glasgow City Centre is relevant to you and you would like to discuss, please send your CV today- RECRUITING NOW.
This position is working with a dynamic software business going through a period of ambitious growth and comes with a competitive salary, DOE.