An exciting position has arisen for a talented First Line Support Technician to join a major FM organisation, based in Glasgow.
The overall remit of the role will be to provide technical troubleshooting to colleagues both onsite and offsite.
To take, log, troubleshoot and progress IT support calls to either satisfactory conclusion or escalate to the relevant level of support. Provide the first point of contact for IT related queries and support issues. Provide logical and timely troubleshooting, escalating problems when the need arises. Hours of work are 37.5hrs per week, covering Monday to Friday, between 8am to 6pm.
Requirement for the role:
- A background in a first line IT support role is essential.
- Good telephone manner and excellent communication skills
- Sound understanding of ITIL and service management methodologies, in particular Incident Management & Problem Management
- Co-ordination and Ownership of incidents through to progression
- Diagnose/triage of incidents
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft products (particularly office and windows), e-mail clients, and anti-virus software is essential.
- Some understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration is essential.
- Provide timely call resolution, technical support expertise for standard desktop systems
- Ability to learn fast and take ownership of issues to completion
Working with the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows, Office 20077,2010 & O365
- Active Directory
- Teamviewer and Dameware remote assistance technologies
- Antivirus technologies
- Router, network troubleshooting
- iPad & iOS troubleshooting
This contract position comes with a day rate of £95/day for the next 4 weeks initially, with the hope of extension to several months. Candidates must be available immediately.
If this Glasgow based First Line Support Technician role is relevant to you, please send your details today- RECRUITING NOW.