Our client is a major player within the Construction/Engineering arena. They are very keen to find a talented Electrical Design Manager to join them in the South East/Cambridgeshire area.
- You will be a natural negotiator, building strong rapport with clients.
- This role will liaise with Project Managers onsite; you will undertake site visits to establish power locations / sizes and discuss new schemes with the design team.
- Provide accurate loadings and power requirements for all new submains required to electrical consultants.
- Develop LV distribution circuits based on factors such as load, distance and grouping.
- Design computer network required for alarm monitoring of refrigeration equipment.
- Provide accurate design to client relating to LV power cables and computer network wiring required.
- Liaise with Installation and Project Managers and provide detailed costs in relation to project materials and labour requirements.
- Continuous liaison with clients to ensure that projects are delivered to agreed specifications.
- Ensuring the Project Health & Safety file, including operating and maintenance instructions is made available at the time of handover and/or practical completion.
- Undertaking site visits to ensure projects are installed in compliance with the installation specification and design criteria.
- Ensuring the completion of all site test certificates and providing these to the Project Manager for the O&M Manual and Project handover.
- Completing site H&S checks to ensure that all paperwork is being filed in compliance with company procedures.
- Ensuring all risk assessments & method statements are relevant and being adhered to.
This client requires the ideal candidate to have the following qualifications:
- Approved Electrician Status.
- City & Guilds Electrical Installation Certificate Parts 1 & 2.
- BS7671 2009 Requirements for Electrical Installations (IIE Wiring Regs 17th Edition)
- City & Guilds Design, Erection and Verification of Electrical Installations (2391-20)
- This role comes with a very competitive package plus car or car allowance & benefits.
If this Cambridgeshire-based Electrical Design Manager position is relevant to you, please send your CV today, RECRUITING NOW.