Our client is a dynamic software house, supported by a larger facilities management organization, they are looking for a talented SQL Database Administrator to join their Glasgow based operation. You will help to build our client’s current and next generation digital products on Cloud platforms.
You will be expected to undertake such duties as:
• assist in requirements gathering
• document and report application specifics
• design and optimise databases to applications’ specifications
• customise the database in line with changing business needs
• performance monitoring and improvement
• error diagnosis and resolution
• backup and recovery
• follow standard guidelines
• deliver quality work
• you will have solid communication skills and be able to work closely with other members of the development team
ESSENTIAL BACKGROUND REQUIRED
• SQL (Strong Transact SQL)
• SQL Server Enterprise 2014+
• SQL Server optimisation
• A background in using profiler to optimise SQL queries and processes
• Working with Multi-tenant SaaS application architecture
You will be educated to degree level in Computer Science or a related field and have a history of at least 2 years working in a commercial environment.
You must have good project management skills and be able to self-manage, be an innovative thinker and have good problem solving skills, be methodical and a good communicator, perform well under work demands and be consistently proactive.
Our client is an established software business, with the backing of a larger group business. They are in an important period of growth and are looking for ambitious individuals to join their business. If this Database Administrator role is relevant to you, please send your CV today, RECRUITING NOW.
This role come with a package to £40k DOE.