Our client is a large, successful Glasgow-based organisation. They are looking for a talented Build Release Engineer to join them on a permanent basis.
- This role will report directly to the Software Architect.
- The main responsibility of the Build Release engineer position will be compilation, assembly, and delivery of source code into finished products or other software components to enable growth and reliability of our product development life cycle.
- Other main responsibilities of the role include:
- Design, implement and manage automated, scalable and robust build and deployment processes for multiple concurrent releases of the same software platform
- Assisting teams through all areas of the SDLC from deploying code through to extensive testing
- In liaison with the development and infrastructure teams, specify the operational capacity needs of key build and deployment services to mitigate risk
- Identify and implement improvements to the existing process to enhance user experience such as pre-compilation, dark deployments and streamlined release packages
- Maintain multiple software feature branches within source control systems
- Manage existing tools (JIRA, BitBucket, Octopus Deploy) while transitions to improved processes and methods
- Integrate automated test and quality metrics into the software build process
- Automate as much of the build and deployment process as possible to eliminate the need for redundant tasks, improve product quality and minimise bad builds
- Responsible for ensuring release notes, change logs and version numbers are applied in a consistent manner across the application teams
- Accurate software configuration and release catalogues
- Effective and efficient deployment methods and practises
In addition, you will have an extensive background as a Build Release Engineer.
Overall, you will have excellent communication skills to liaise with various internal teams.
This permanent role comes with a package to £50,000 plus excellent benefits.
If this Glasgow-based Build Release Engineer role is relevant to you, please send your CV today- RECRUITING NOW.