We are working with a reputable, forward thinking Engineer Consultancy based in Edinburgh. They are driving forward growth in 2019, after a number of successful years. They are a strong force in the sector, with a great client base and an ambitious collaborative team.
The opening we have is for a Bridge Engineer, a position which will lead to the selected individual leading a small Structures Inspection team.
Initially you would be looking after the Inspection duties independently, with help and support from the other Senior Managers/ Engineers. Over the next 6 to 12 months, once settled into the role, you would start assembling a team of Engineers and Inspectors for your division. You would be carrying out Inspection related work including Design, on Site inspection, and project management.
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineer ( Chartered would be beneficial not essential)
- Experienced in the design and inspection of Structures, including bridges
- On site experience, and experience using Structural Software packages
- Experience managing contracts or leading projects and dealing with clients
- Working knowledge of DMRB, MCHW & Network Rail Standards would be beneficial
- Experience in preparing and reviewing technical documents
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide support and advice throughout projects - Tender to completion
- Deliver projects and structural inspections, ensuring a high standard of work is provided for the client
- Manage teams, support in aiding team progression
- Undertake cost control & budgeting
- Client relationship management and successful project delivery
- Producing project programs
This is a fantastic opportunity to not only join an established, young organisation but to also lead a division and play a vital role in the companies progression as they move forward in 2019.Please apply today if you are interested in being considered.