Whether you’re a UK resident looking to relocate, or you’re Scotland born and bred and eager for a fresh challenge, there are heaps of exciting vacancies in this bonnie country, from IT to Engineering.
But where can you find out about the best, most forward-thinking organisations and their current opportunities?
As recruiters, we love nothing more than helping people excel in their career journey, and this means sourcing the best possible roles. Here are the most exciting IT and Engineering vacancies in Scotland right now.
Commissioning Engineer – Glasgow
Our client is a large, successful construction/facilities organisation, based in Glasgow. They are looking for a Refrigeration Commissioning Engineer to join them on a permanent basis.
- This is a top-opportunity to join a business that is constantly driving innovation and developing its people.
- As the job title indicates, you will undertake refrigeration installation duties, commissioning and installation works.
- As Commissioning Engineer, you will have a keen eye for detail and have a drive to deliver projects on time and snag-free.
- You will be working with the latest refrigeration tech, within a solid refrigeration hit-squad.
- As a person, you will be an all round good-egg, who wants to work within a similar team of individuals.
If you are Stone-Cold Commissioning Engineer in the Central Belt/Glasgow area, please send your CV for more details- recruiting now.
A healthy package of £31,500 plus £5.5k CA, benefits and pension comes with this opportunity to work for an award-winning organization.
Systems Management Officer – Dumfries
Our client is a global organisation looking to fulfil the exciting post of Systems Management Officer. This is an international role (James Bond-types welcome), where you will spend up to 70% of your time in the role travelling to company offices throughout the world and the remainder at company HQ in Dumfriesshire.
This is a role for an ambitious Business Intelligence specialist- due to the sensitive nature of the client’s organisation, the role requires someone who has a background in dealing with management systems and the compliance regulations around information storage, as well as being able to support projects where data insights are being produced.
- You will be adept at designing, developing and managing databases.
- You will be a natural IT-know-it-all and be able to provide IT support directly and, sometimes, in pressurised circumstances (without being able to hit ‘transfer’ to another department!)
- In all, this Systems Management Officer role is made for someone who is looking for a change of environment and a new view out the window every month.
- If you are a genuine IT/BI self-starter and would like a role that comes with some international adventure (and utility pants built in), please send your CV today.
A salary to £40,000 comes with this Systems Information Management position- send your CV today for more details.
CAD Technician – Aberdeen
We are working closely with an Engineering Consultancy in Aberdeen, who currently require an experienced CAD Technician to join their team.
The organisation mainly design for Housing Schemes in Scotland. They have a very strong reputation in the Engineering industry and close knit team. The ideal individual would be looking to join a group of hard working individuals, with a strong pipeline of work. We are looking for someone who will work well in a team environment and look to learn as well as provide support where necessary to other team members.
- 3+ Years experience in onshore projects, within a CAD Technician role
- Ideally experience in Housing projects, although not essential
- Experience in Civil Engineering CAD drawings
- Proficient in AutoCad and ideally some experience in Revit, but not essential
- Academic qualifications in Civil Engineering/ AutoCad would be beneficial but not essential
Salary: Will depend on experience, in the region of £22,000 to £26,000
Civil Technician – Scotland
We are working with an ambitious organisation who have recently went through an internal restructure. Now with Headquarters based in Glasgow, they are looking to build up their team to full capacity.
The current opening is for an experienced CAD Technician. This is a permanent position, working with a leading Scottish Engineering Consultancy. You would work closely with Engineering teams to deliver projects to clients on time and to a high standard. Projects would involve mainly Housing, so a candidate with experience in this field is preferred.
The team are looking for someone who will integrate well into a team environment. Ideally someone who is ambitious to grow with the company and work to develop themselves as well as support the development of those around them.
- 4+ Years Experience within a CAD Technician role
- Ideally with an academic background in Engineering (HNC/ HND)
- Proficient in use of AutoCad is essential, other software packages would be beneficial such as Civils 3D & Revit
- Experience related to Housing project designs/ drawings for minimum of 3 years
Salary will be flexible dependant on level of experience and skill set.
Please apply today with your up to date CV to be considered.
Service Desk Analyst – Motherwell
An exciting position has arisen for a talented Service Desk Analyst to join a leading Data organisation, based in Lanarkshire.
The overall remit of the role will be to provide technical troubleshooting to colleagues both onsite and offsite.
To take, log, troubleshoot and progress IT support calls to either satisfactory conclusion or escalate to the relevant level of support. Provide the first point of contact for IT related queries and support issues. Provide logical and timely troubleshooting, escalating problems when the need arises.
Requirement for the role:
- A background in a first line IT support role is essential.
- Good telephone manner and excellent communication skills
- Sound understanding of ITIL and service management methodologies, in particular Incident Management & Problem Management
- Co-ordination and Ownership of incidents through to progression
- Diagnose/triage of incidents
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft products
- Some understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration
- Provide timely call resolution, technical support expertise for standard desktop systems
- Ability to learn fast and take ownership of issues to completion
This position comes with a salary of £19,000 & on-call allowance and includes great career progression. This role is shift-based (please enquire for more details).
If this Lanarkshire-based Service Desk Analyst role is relevant to you, please send your details today.
Electrician – Glasgow
An established and growing electrical, fire & security and property refurbishment Company are looking for an Electrician. Their office is based in Paisley, with their client base covering throughout Glasgow & England.
They are currently looking for a fully qualified and experienced domestic electrician to join their team in carrying out residential and block management reactive and planned maintenance remedial works in Glasgow in the immediate, but not limited to this area.
Main purpose of the role:
To join their team of experienced electricians to assist with identifying and rectifying domestic electrical faults via the EICR route in Glasgow and the other locations we serve on behalf of their clients. Working closely with a number of Glasgow based property management companies, main contractors, local authorities and Housing Associations who require us to react to electrical issues and also carry out EICR testing and follow on remedial works as part of programmed works (no cold calling).
The ability to work confidently alone and as part of a team will be essential. You must be able to organise your work & materials, this position suits someone who is organised and has the ability to problem solve and work calmly under pressure in order to identify and rectify various domestic electrical faults.
A company van (Parking and fuel paid for) & engineers laptop forming part of the generous package.
- Must have experience of carrying out EICR’s to the NICEIC standard.
- You must posses a current electrical grade card of electrician or approved electrician.
- We will provide a van only for use during business hours so a driving license is essential with no more than 6 points.
- Social housing experience or lots of domestic experience of testing & carrying out repairs whilst onsite is essential for this role.
- You will be working Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week.
Remember to keep up to date with our latest news, events and vacancies on Let us know on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.